Thank you for booking onto the BHASVIC Open Event.
Please check your email for your booking confirmation. We have also included in the email a PDF attachment of the map, room list and top tips.
Top Tips for Your Open Event Visit
Before your visit
- Check your phone is charged and you can look at the map.
- Think about which subject you want to visit first and work out where that is, using the map Link to map and room list
- If you want advice first, work out where General Enquiries and Admissions is located – we'd love to meet you and help you out.
- Make sure you plan your course and subject visits in order, from the most important to the least likely.
- Don't forget you can go wherever you want, and you may see something of interest and simply pop in and take a look.
- Talk with your parent / carer about the questions you want answered and think about who and where to ask these.
- Bring face coverings, unless you are exempt.
- You can enter BHASVIC from many directions – look at the map.
- Try not to queue to enter – pick an alternative entrance if the one you have gone to is busy (for example the front door).
- You can go straight to your first subject, if you want.
- If you'd like a welcome and someone to help you orient yourself, then head for the Copper Cafe – General Enquiries.
- Look at the timings of the Principal's Talk – plan which one you want to go to – we encourage you to come to one of these.
Visiting a Course and Department
- Talk to the BHASVIC students – they will give you an 'on-the-ground' sense of what the course covers, what the resources are like and the pacing and content of the course.
- Try not to visit too many subjects – this can be a little overwhelming.
- Take a refreshment break between subjects – we have a canteen with hot food, biscuits and free hot drinks.
- If a subject is very crowded, come back later – this will help you talk to a teacher.
- If you don't get to talk to a teacher, look out for sign-up lists to write questions and your email address.