Your future. Your study programme.
Your study programme consists of all the formal activities that you’ll take part in at the college. This includes:
- A Levels, BTECs and GCSE qualifications
- One-to-one and group tutorials
- Additional one year Portfolio Courses, normally taken in the second year, that extend your practical or academic studies into areas of particular interest
- Subject Extension sessions run by subject teachers to assist with specific areas of your studies
- Enrichment activities including sports, performing and visual arts, Duke of Edinburgh, community and charity work, and clubs and societies.
The majority of students will take three A levels or equivalent (such as a combination of BTECs and A levels) at BHASVIC.
It’s possible to take four A levels here, most commonly Double Maths alongside two other courses. We will discuss whether this option is appropriate for you during your interview.
If you need to re-sit an English or Maths GCSE, this can be done alongside the main elements of your study programme.
All A level qualifications are delivered over two years. Some have a coursework element, and all culminate in final exams at the end of two years.
BTEC qualifications are assessed over time through ongoing assignment work with some externally-assessed content.
Specific GCSE grades are often required for certain courses. These can be found below.
If you are an EU resident and have not attended an international school you will be required to have an IELTS Academic score of 5.5 in order to take any Level 3 course at BHASVIC.