General headlines about BHASVIC outcomes for students over the last two years:
- 2 in every 3 BHASVIC A level results are either A*, A or B.
- 4 in every 5 BTEC results are Distinction or Distinction Star.
- Ofsted graded BHASVIC grade 1 'outstanding' in every category. Tutorial provision, support and care for students were noted as outstanding, as well as quality of teaching and results.
- BHASVIC student outcomes and results are better now than they were at our Ofsted Inspection in 2012.
- 97% of our students feel their course meets their needs (check Ofsted Learner View in the Ofsted section above, noting this is live data and subject to change).
- More than 4 in every 5 BHASVIC students who study a degree gain a 1st or 2:1…
- …..this is 10% higher than the private school sector, nationally (data from the government).
- Over 45% of our students gain entry to highly competitive university courses, double the rate of all university applicants nationally.
- Our students go into almost every form of career imaginable, study abroad and gain places on the most competitive apprenticeships and employer training schemes.
- BHASVIC is in the top 10% of sixth form providers nationally for both high grades and value added…
- … and we were 3rd in the table of sixth form colleges for both high grades and value added in 2016.
- 70% of our disadvantaged students and 60% of our students receiving additional learning support go onto university.
- The college is a national leader, as a state funded provider, in success rates of applicants to Oxbridge and Medicine.
DfE Performance Tables:
The Department for Education (DfE) now publishes performance tables on all education providers of primary, secondary and 16-18 education. The performance tables sit at the heart of the accountability framework. They focus the debate on standards and provide a reliable and accessible source of comparative information on student progress and attainment. The performance tables present this information alongside wider contextual data including Ofsted judgements, absence, workforce and finance data, presenting users with a wider understanding of the setting in which schools and colleges are operating. This data is designed to be used as the starting point when considering a school’s or college’s performance, and is of relevance to parents and carers, Ofsted, regional school commissioners, local authorities, governors and the institutions themselves.
Comparison Tables main page
BHASVIC’s individual page
DfE detailed Guidance about these tables
BHASVIC has been allocated £47k towards the 16-19 Tuition Fund. To qualify for resources funded by this money, students must meet the criteria for Block 1&2 Disadvantaged Funding (economic deprivation or additional needs) as well as to not have achieved a 5 in either English or Maths GCSE (or both). BHASVIC students who qualify have been identified and targeted for a range of support via Subject Extensions, Flourish, Additional Learning Support and Tutorials.