Welcome to your student dashboard
For your convenience please bookmark this page
Jobs (full and part-time): Students and ex-students requesting a reference for employment are required to nominate Student References as referee via:
Post: Student References, General Office, BHASVIC, 205 Dyke Road, Hove, BN3 6EG
Fax: 01273 559111
ADVICE FOR BHASVIC EX-STUDENTS ON COMPLETING THEIR UCAS APPLICATIONS
Step 1 : How to apply 2019
Go to the ‘UCAS Apply’ website: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/register
To register: click on ‘Register and apply for 2019 entry’. If you applied last year and are re-applying you will still need to register as a 2019 applicant. Click on ‘Register’ and read through and complete the sections, making sure you keep a note of your username and password.
- Go to ‘Log in now’ on the UCAS site and when you start your application you MUST apply ‘as an individual’. On the ‘Initial UCAS questions’ page, the question: ‘How are you applying?’, choose ‘as an individual’. Complete UCAS further questions and ensure you keep a note of your Personal ID number. Verify your email address by clicking ‘Please click here to verify your email address’. UCAS will then send you an email so that you can verify your email address using the UCAS verification code within the email.
- On the UCAS ‘Welcome’ page complete all the requested sections within the left-hand menu; ‘Personal Details’, ‘Additional Information’, ‘Student Finance’, ‘Choices’, ‘Education’ ‘Employment’ and ‘Personal Statement’. It is important that you do this before linking your application to BHASVIC. Please make sure that you check your application carefully – ensuring you use your full name (including middle names), correct fee code (usually 02: UK,Chl,IoM, or EU student finance services) and list ALL your exams including GSCE under the correct institution you took your exams. To choose BHASVIC you will need to use the College’s full name: Brighton Hove & Sussex Sixth Form College. Include your module grades for all exams taken at BHASVIC with the correct grade and exam board. Ex-students re-sitting exams at BHASVIC must have BHASVIC under the education section twice; one for the actual time you attended with the actual grades achieved and then the period in which you are re-sitting your exams and list the exams you are re-sitting. Therefore, the subjects and College should be on your application twice: one with your achieved grades and one with the pending grades.
- Reference Section: Please leave the referee section blank as you will need to link your application to BHASVIC by following ‘Step 2’ below. If you enter details here you will not be able to link your application to BHASVIC.
- Once you have completed each section, ticked ‘section completed’ and then saved each section, you can then go to ‘Step 2’ and link and send your application to BHASVIC.
Step 2 : Linking your application to your centre (BHASVIC)
- Click on the ‘Options’ section which is at the bottom of the left-hand menu. Choose ‘Link your application to your school, college or organisation’. You will be asked for a buzzword: bhasvic19
- It will then state: ‘You would like to link your application too… Brighton Hove & Sussex Sixth Form College, 205 Dyke Road, Hove, BN3 6EG is this correct?’ Tick ‘yes’ and choose ‘next’ to continue.
- It will state ‘Your Centre has not yet made a decision. As soon as your Centre makes a decision, it will be displayed here’.
- Your application requesting to be linked to BHASVIC will then be accepted as long as you have followed ‘Step 3’ below.
Step 3 : Sending your application to your centre (BHASVIC)
- Once you have followed ‘Step 2’ above requesting that your application be linked to BHASVIC you MUST email: email@example.com mentioning in the subject heading your: reference request and full name. Please note your reference will include your achieved exam grades when you left full-time education at BHASVIC. If your grades have changed, or you have re-sat exams, please include the subjects and new grades. Also advising if you are re-sitting exams in the future, so that we can include this in your reference.
IMPORTANT : If you do not inform us by email, as above, your application will not be processed.
Step 4 : Processing of your application and forwarding to UCAS
- Once we have received your email as detailed in ‘Step 3’, we will then accept your UCAS application request. Please allow 10 working days for your application to be checked, processed and reference added. However, if there are any queries or changes to be made, you will be notified via email and your application may be returned to you to make the relevant changes. Therefore, please check your emails regularly.
- After we have accepted your application, ensure your application and personal statement are complete, then please pay by credit or debit card online; the UCAS application fee for this service is £24 for more than one choice or £18 for a single choice. Paying for your application does not send it to UCAS; it is the College that sends your application to UCAS.
- You will not be able to pay for your application until all the relevant sections have been saved and marked as complete as mentioned in ‘Step 1’. In ’Pay/Send’ within the 'Declaration' section please ensure you tick the box 'I agree to allow details of my application and its progress to be shared with my school / college / centre'. We will then be able to add your reference and send the completed application to UCAS on your behalf within the 10 working day deadline.
Apply Session: If you would like to arrange a meeting to check your application and personal statement, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org marking it for the attention of Nikki Fabry and requesting an apply session. We will then contact you to arrange a convenient time or we can offer this via email.
DEADLINE DATES :
CUKAS External Deadline – 1 October 2018- please check deadline dates with individual institutions
UCAS Resources for Ex-Students
As a student, BHASVIC will offer you:
• clear and accurate information, readily available, about the college, its courses, its services and student support
• fair and efficient admissions arrangements
• an effective induction programme
• a stimulating programme of learning
• excellent teaching
• balanced, timely and impartial advice from staff
• access to a wide range of enrichment and career development opportunities
• effective support and guidance including post exam advice and guidance
• effective careers information, advice and guidance and support with applications to continued study and/or employment
• efficient, helpful and courteous service from all BHASVIC staff
• equality of opportunity
• a fair, effective and responsive complaints procedure
• opportunity to comment on the quality of service you receive
• opportunity to shape the college’s mission
• a safe and appropriate working environment
• representation through an elected student union
As a student, BHASVIC will expect of you:
• respect for all members of the college and local community
• acceptance of responsibility for your own learning with the support of college staff
• a duty to act as positive ambassadors for the college in language, attitude and behaviour
• compliance with health and safety regulations and acceptable use of all college resources
• adherence to the college’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy and Single Equality Scheme
• adherence to the Student College Contract
• respect for the fabric of the buildings and the facilities in college
• abidance by the college rules, regulations and disciplinary procedures
• the return of all books and equipment belonging to the college in the same condition as that in which they were received
• regular attendance and punctuality
• completion of your work to the best of your ability, by set deadlines for your chosen programme of study
• accountability for absence and lateness from all time-tabled commitments
• that you will not take holiday during term time
• active participation in your learning and in reviews of progress
• prompt settlement of any payments due to the college
COLLEGE AND NATIONAL UNION MEMBERSHIP FOR STUDENTS
Students may expect:
• Automatic membership of BHASVIC’s Students’ Union (SU)
• The right to apply for membership of the National Union of Students (NUS)
• The right to apply to access SU services in and around college, regardless of NUS Membership.
• The right to two SU places as Student Governors at BHASVIC Corporation meetings.
• The right to apply for financial support for groups of students to set up clubs, societies or enrichment, providing adherence to the SU Charter for clubs and societies.
• That the SU has no party political bias in its activities.
• That the SU does not provide financial support for any political party.
• A voice through tutor group representation on the Student Council.
• Freedom of speech within the law and college policy at Student Council meetings for students and officers.
With the arrival of the General Data Protection Regulation
(“GDPR”) on 25 May 2018, the processing of personal information needs to be
more transparent and your personal rights have been enhanced to give you
greater control over how your data is handled.
BHASVIC take the privacy and protection of your information very seriously. In line with our GDPR obligations, we are obliged to inform you that your personal data is held, how it is shared and processed. Our Privacy Notice for students, which explains how we handle your data, has been enhanced and you can view this here: Privacy Notice for Students