BHASVIC Open Events 2021
Updated: Tuesday 12 October
Our Open Events will take place on Wednesday 10 and Thursday 11 November.
We will be running a booking system with time slots. We intend the booking system to be ready on Tuesday 19 October, midday - please check back from midday for an update. The bookable time slots for either event will be:
We are planning the events to enable onsite, face-to-face experiences for our prospective students and their parents/carers.
In a normal academic year, we see in excess of 12,500 visitors from across the city and Sussex over our two Open Evenings.
The booking system and safety measures:
To enable a safe and informative experience for all, we are devising a booking system and will be running the events over a longer period of time, starting and finishing at earlier points than published in our prospectus.
Some other useful information we can provide now:
- We will only be offering visits for students in Year 11, who are considering applying to start in September 2022. We apologise in advance that we won't be able to accept bookings from 'year ahead' Year 10 students or younger, but this is another consequence of the continued impact of the pandemic.
- We will ask for Year 11 students to come with just one parent/carer, to help reduce crowding.
- We will be advising people to wear face coverings whilst moving between departments.
- We do not have parking onsite, so advise planning for the journey, using public transport or by using the city centre car parks in town which are around 15-minute walk away.
- Our information packs will be provided to visitors in digital format only, to reduce our carbon footprint. Bringing a fully charged phone that can view PDFs will be useful, therefore.
We are aware that many schools run GCSE mock exams in the second half of the Autumn Term. Although we cannot provide alternative experiences for those students who wish to revise instead of attending an onsite Open Evening at BHASVIC, we'd encourage you to plan your revision so that you feel confident to attend. We think you'll find the Open Event experience very motivating and informative which will, in turn, help you with your GCSE study.
Please check back here from Tuesday 19 October at which point we hope to have our booking system ready for you.
Principal's Welcome and Q&A with subtitles
Tutorials, Guidance and Student Services with subtitles