ADVICE AND RESOURCES FOR BHASVIC EX-STUDENTS COMPLETING THEIR UCAS APPLICATIONS
BHASVIC DEADLINE DATES:
EARLY APPLICATION - 23 September 2022
PRIORITY APPLICATION – 11 November 2022
STANDARD APPLICATION – 2 December 2022
WE CANNOT GUARANTEE TO PROCESS APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER 2 DECEMBER BY THE UCAS DEADLINE.
UCAS DEADLINE DATES:
UCAS Deadline for Oxbridge/Medics/Vets/Dentistry – 15 October 2022
CUKAS External Deadline – 1 October 2022 - please check deadline dates with individual institutions
UCAS Deadline - 25 January 2023
UCAS RESOURCES FOR EX-STUDENTS
A2 Resources that may be useful
UCAS and Personal Statements
Completing your UCAS Apply Form for Ex-Students - Help Sheet 2023
How to add Alternative Qualifications
Personal Statements Intro and Structure
Personal Statements Transferable Skills and writing about them
Personal Statements Final editing
Please go to Higher Education and scroll down the page to find individual guides.
Example Personal Statements:
Example of Personal Statements - DO NOT COPY OR PLAIGIARISE - These are for ideas only.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO COMPLETING YOUR UCAS APPLICATION:
If you are applying through Clearing for 2022 entry, follow the below instructions, but use the buzzword: bhasvic22
How to apply 2023: Please follow the below instructions and our help guide: UCAS Apply Form – How to Complete as an Ex-Student. Please ensure you leave the reference section blank as you will link your application to BHASVIC to obtain a reference.
- Go to: UCAS students apply
- Click on ‘Register’ to create your account
- Compete the ‘REGISTER’ page and click ‘Register’
- Verify your account by entering the Code emailed to your email address you have entered.
- Click on ‘Ready?’ to start.
- Choose the year you wish your studies to start at university.
- Select ‘Undergraduate’
- Select whether you would like additional information on ‘Apprenticeships’ or ‘Conservatories’
- Enter your postcode of your home address.
- Add your preferences with regards to ‘Stay up-to-date with unis, colleges, offers and more’.
- Enter your Mobile Number
- Choose the subjects you are interested in.
- ‘Get the right support – Are you still at school/college’ click ‘No’ as you have left BHASVIC (if you click yes your application maybe missed).
- Click ‘Create account’.
- You will then be taken to ‘Welcome to you Hub’.
- Click on ‘Go to my Hub’.
- Click on ‘Your 2023 Applications’, then ‘Start Application’.
- Select ‘Undergraduate Degrees, HNDs and HNCs’ to start your application.
- ‘Are you applying from a school, college, or centre?’ click ‘No’ as you no longer attend BHASVIC as you will link your application next. If you do not do this your application may not be seen and could be missed.
- Centre information: click on ‘Add buzzword’.
- It will state: ‘By linking to a centre, any reference and predicted grades already provided will be deleted. The centre will be required to approve your request to link to them. Do you want to proceed?’ click ‘Yes’
- ‘Link to a school, college, or centre using a Buzzword’ click ‘continue’.
- Enter our buzzword: bhasvic23
- Press ‘Save Buzzword’.
- It should then state that your buzzword is for ‘Brighton Hove and Sussex Sixth Form College, 205 Dyke Road, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 6EG’ as this is correct click ‘Yes’.
- ‘You have linked your application to Brighton Hove and Sussex Sixth Form College’, you will be asked to select a group please choose ‘Ex-Students’ if you choose any other group your application could be missed as these are for students currently enrolled at BHASVIC.
- ‘Application Status’ it will say ‘you requested to link your application to Brighton Hove and Sussex Sixth Form College’. You MUST email: firstname.lastname@example.org advising of your UCAS application, otherwise your application maybe missed to request your UCAS reference. Your UCAS reference will include your achieved exam grades when you left full-time education at BHASVIC. If your grades have changed, or you have re-sat exams, please include the subjects and new grades within your message. Also advise us if you are re-sitting exams in the future, we will then include this in your reference.
- Then complete all sections on the left-hand side. Once each section is complete tick the ‘Mark this section as complete’ box.
- ‘University Choices’: If you were involved in ‘Widening Participation’ at College, you should write ‘WP’ in the ‘Further Details’ box for all of your university choices. Universities are more likely to make you an offer as you are in one of their ‘target groups’ for widening participation in higher education.
- ‘Personal Details’: It is vital that you enter your full name, including ‘Middle Names’ within ‘First name’ on your UCAS application; this must match your passport. Your ‘preferred name’ can be added below.
- ‘Contact and Residency Details’: ‘Please select your area of permanent residence’; you need to get this right. It is where your student loan will come from (local authority). It is where you currently live usually either: Brighton and Hove, East Sussex or West Sussex.
- ‘Nationality details’ - not born in the UK? – make sure your correct details are entered.
- ‘Finance and Funding’: Funding for your studies should be ‘UK, Chl, IoM or EU student finance services’, this means you will be applying for student finance. ‘Student support arrangements’ this should MATCH your area of permanent residence. Your local authority will give you your students loan.
- ‘Education’: Enter all your GCSEs and other exams taken whilst at school under your secondary school name.
- ’Education’: Enter all your exams taken at BHASVIC and enter them under the College’s full name: Brighton Hove & Sussex Sixth Form College. Our centre number is 56120.
- ‘Education’: If you have taken BTECs you will need to add your BTEC number: You can find this on your BTEC qualification certificates. If not please email email@example.com requesting your BTEC number.
- ‘Education’: Ex-students re-sitting exams at BHASVIC must have BHASVIC under the education section twice; one for the actual time you attended with achieved grades and the other for the month you are re-sitting your exams.
- ‘Education’: You MUST enter your ULN. This 9-digit number is allocated to you throughout your education. If unknown please email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting your ULN.
- ‘Education’: For ‘Please state the highest level of qualification you expect to have before you start your course’ choose ‘Below honours degree level qualifications’.
- Once we have accepted your application please check your emails regularly as we will notify you via email advise if alterations are required.
- Once your application is complete and approved by BHASVIC, please pay by credit or debit card online; the UCAS application fee for this service is £22.50 for one choice, or £27.00 for two to five choices. This cannot be done until after 6 September 2022. Paying for your application does not send it to UCAS; it is BHASVIC that sends your application to UCAS.
- You will not be able to pay for your application until all the relevant sections have been saved and marked as complete.
- In ’Pay/Send’ within the 'Declaration' section please ensure you tick the box 'I agree to allow details of my application and its progress to be shared with my school / college / centre'.
- We will then be able to add your reference and send the completed application to UCAS on your behalf within our 10-working day deadline.
Apply Session: If you would like to arrange a meeting to check your application and personal statement, please email email@example.com marking it for the attention of Nikki Fabry and requesting an apply session. We will then contact you to arrange a convenient time or we can offer this via email.