ADVICE FOR BHASVIC EX-STUDENTS ON COMPLETING THEIR UCAS APPLICATIONS
If you are applying through Clearing for 2019 entry, follow the below instructions, but use the buzzword: bhasvic19
Please follow these step-by-step instructions to complete your UCAS application and obtain your reference:
Step 1: How to apply 2020
- Go to the ‘UCAS Apply’ website: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/register and click on ‘Undergraduate’
- To register: click on ‘Apply’ under ‘2020 entry’. If you applied last year and are re-applying you will still need to register as a 2020 applicant.
- Click on ‘Register’, read through and agree to UCAS’ terms.
- Complete the subsequent pages with your details to register.
- Please make sure you keep a note of your username and password and then click ‘Log in now’.
- On the ‘Initial UCAS questions’ page, the question: ‘How are you applying?’, choose ‘as an individual’.
- Ensure you keep a note of your Personal ID number. Verify your email address by clicking ‘Please click here to verify your email address’. UCAS will then send you an email so that you can verify your email address using the UCAS verification code within the email.
- Once verified, click on ‘click here to return to the Welcome page’.
Step 2: Completing your application
- On the UCAS ‘Welcome’ page complete all the requested sections within the left-hand menu; ‘Personal Details’, ‘Additional Information’, ‘Student Finance’, ‘Choices’, ‘Education’ ‘Employment’ and ‘Personal Statement’. It is important that you do this before linking your application to BHASVIC.
- Please make sure that you check your application carefully – ensuring you use your full name (including middle names), correct fee code (usually 02: UK,Chl,IoM, or EU student finance services) and list ALL your exams including GSCEs under the correct institution you took your exams. To choose BHASVIC you will need to use the College’s full name: Brighton Hove & Sussex Sixth Form College. Include your module grades for all exams taken at BHASVIC with the correct grade and exam board.
- Ex-students re-sitting exams at BHASVIC must have BHASVIC under the education section twice; one for the actual time you attended with the actual grades achieved and then the period in which you are re-sitting your exams and list the exams you are re-sitting. Therefore, the subjects and College should be on your application twice: one with your achieved grades and one with the pending grades.
- Reference Section: Please leave the referee section blank as you will need to link your application to BHASVIC by following ‘Step 3’ below. If you enter details here you will not be able to link your application to BHASVIC.
- Complete each section, tick ‘section completed’ and save each section. You can then go to ‘Step 3’ and link your application to BHASVIC.
Step 3: Linking your application to your centre (BHASVIC)
- Click on the ‘Options’ section at the bottom of the left-hand menu. Choose ‘Link your application to your school, college or organisation’. You will be asked for the buzzword which is: bhasvic20
- Click ‘next’.
- It will then state: ‘You would like to link your application too… Brighton Hove & Sussex Sixth Form College, 205 Dyke Road, Hove, BN3 6EG is this correct?’ Tick ‘yes’ and choose ‘next’ to continue.
- It will state ‘Your Centre has not yet made a decision. As soon as your Centre makes a decision, it will be displayed here’.
- Once you have requested that your application be linked to BHASVIC you MUST email: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the subject heading your reference request and full name. Please note your reference will include your achieved exam grades when you left full-time education at BHASVIC. If your grades have changed, or you have re-sat exams, please include the subjects and new grades within your message, also advising if you are re-sitting exams in the future, we will then include this in your reference.
- Your application requesting to be linked to BHASVIC will then be accepted as long as you have followed the above.
IMPORTANT: If you do not inform us by email, as above, your application will not be processed.
Step 4: Processing of your application and forwarding to UCAS
- Once we have received your email as detailed in ‘Step 3’, we will then accept your UCAS application request. Please allow 10 working days for your application to be checked, processed and reference added. However, if there are any queries or changes to be made, you will be notified via email and your application may be returned to you to make the relevant changes. Therefore, please check your emails regularly.
- After we have accepted your application, ensure your application and personal statement are complete, then please pay by credit or debit card online; the UCAS application fee for this service is £25 for more than one choice or £20 for a single choice. Paying for your application does not send it to UCAS; it is the College that sends your application to UCAS.
- You will not be able to pay for your application until all the relevant sections have been saved and marked as complete as mentioned in ‘Step 2’.
- In ’Pay/Send’ within the 'Declaration' section please ensure you tick the box 'I agree to allow details of my application and its progress to be shared with my school / college / centre'.
- We will then be able to add your reference and send the completed application to UCAS on your behalf within the 10 working day deadline.
Apply Session: If you would like to arrange a meeting to check your application and personal statement, please email: email@example.com marking it for the attention of Nikki Fabry and requesting an apply session. We will then contact you to arrange a convenient time or we can offer this via email.
Internal College Deadline for Oxbridge/Medics/Vets/Dentistry: 24 September 2019
UCAS Deadline for Oxbridge/Medics/Vets/Dentistry: 15 October 2019
CUKAS External Deadline: 1 October 2019 - please check deadline dates with individual institutions
Internal College UCAS Deadline: 22 November 2019
UCAS Deadline: 15 January 2020